Another beta is out. This one fixes bugs related to making new posts.
The beta version of Mimi was removed from the Play store a little while ago. I’m no longer able to update it. The market version is fine, but the beta is gone. Instead of starting a new beta, I’ve decided to just release the apk and let people have at it.
Installing an apk requires a certain level of technical ability, but there are a ton of tutorials online.
- Added font size option
- Updated auto refresh to be a lot more reliable
- Added notifications
- Can be turned on and off
- Shows total unread as well as replies to posts you’ve made
This update is only for the free version. Ads in the gallery and between full threads are significantly reduced.
I also threw in a few fixes for crashes.
As many of you know and have commented on, the 4.5 versions of Mimi have a new ads system. I honestly thought people would prefer it over the banner ad that took up space on every page. There are less places within the app that have ads now than when the banner was being shown. The only difference is placement and size.
Whatever my excuses are, it doesn’t change the fact that the perception is that there are too many ads in the app. I get the message and I’m working on fixing it.
My goal is always primarily to have a fun app that people enjoy using. Ads are included to give my time value and motivate me to keep making improvements. As much as they are hated, ads have kept me working on the app for almost 3 years now.
I just wanted to let you know that I hear what you’re saying about ads and I agree with you. Next time I’m at my dev computer I’ll reduce the number of ads.
I found a bug that I couldn’t live with in beta 14. It has been fixed in beta 15.
It took longer than I wanted, but beta 14 has just been pushed to Google Play. It includes a few UX changes and a bunch of UI changes. Hopefully it also fixes a bug or two.
Google has once again changed how the captcha image is loaded. It wasn’t a huge change, but it breaks older versions of the app. Version 4.2.2 of Mimi Reader fixes the captcha image.
– Webm file should load more reliably
– Added option to choose save location for images
– Added image search functionality
– Tons of smaller fixes
I tweaked how webm files are loaded. They should be more reliable now, but I’ll be making more changes soon. I also added an option that people have been asking for. It’s now possible to choose where to save your images. There’s a new option in the settings page.
Another feature that people have been asking for is the ability to search online for images in a post. That function can now be found in the image information dialog. You can access it through the pop up menu for any post with an attached image.
It should be available in the Google Play store shortly.
As many of you have noticed, the captcha is no longer working. This is due to a change on 4chan. I think I have a solution, but things are busy for me right now. I’ll get it fixed by this weekend.